Welcome to my creative mind

Welcome to my creative mind

Friday, March 2, 2012

Shawna's House

I spent this morning with one of my favorite clients. I am going around from client to client's homes and commercial spaces and taking pictures of my work.

In Shawna and Steve's new home, the main floor and upstairs level was already complete. However it was time to make it their own, including finishing out the basement.

In her family room, there used to be slated rock around the lower area of the columns that separate the room from the kitchen and entry areas. We decided to paint the entire home according to their taste. We also removed the rock, and framed the lower columns with wainscoting and painted it white.

As you will be able to tell from the pictures, my clients wanted a light more cottage/traditional feel, instead of the current dark traditional/old world feel. Instead of completely refinishing all the woodwork, we incorporated and blended to the styles together. It turned out to be the perfect look for them! Check it out:           Family Room







Next you will see the parlor:


 ..Takes so long to upload pics, that I'll get more on this home later..Gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment